on 11/05/03 5:00 PM, John Dallman at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob Walkden) wrote:
>
>>> I assume that the original, 35mm coverage, lenshoods could now be
>>> significantly extended and not impinge on the APS-sized-chip image?
>
> Yup.
>
>> I don't think you'll get very rich. 35mm becomes 52mm, 50mm becomes
>> 75mm etc. Mostly common sizes already.
>
> ... but not necessarily in the same filter sizes. If you know where I can
> get a hood angled for a 75mm lens in the 49mm filter thread that fits this
> 'ere FA-50/1.4, I'll buy it.
>
> ---
> John Dallman                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Working from memory here, not with the item in hand, but I believe the hood
for the Tak 85/1.8 has a 52mm thread; IIRC, that is the one I used on the
K-85/1.8 (which has a 49m thread) via a 49->52 step-up. 'Tis a nice solid
screw-on metal hood, a 67mm clip-on lens cap works pretty well on it if you
want to just leave it mounted. Or was it a 62mm...? Anyway, some standard
size cap fits the wide end.

Stan