Hi,

> It's an interesting thought, but what I perceive to be blue might actually
> what you perceive to be green. Imagine people around you who go thru life
> seeing 'blue' vegetables (though it seems perfectly normal to them *because*
> that's what they always known the label 'green' to refer to). And how would
> one actually prove any of this?

I don't think it's empirically testable. If two people attach the same
label to the same experience then that is all we can know, or need to
know. I have no empirical evidence that other people think; you could
all be automata* as far as I know, but I assume that you all do think.
It's similar to the Turing** test, or these games of Chinese boxes that
AI researchers enjoy so much.

Cheers,

Bob

*as a matter of fact I happen to think exactly that, except that I
include myself as an automaton. It doesn't alter the argument.

**I've always believed that 'the Who' of long ago was a Turing test
that some researcher was conducting.

--
Cheers,
 Bob                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]