I would get the II.  The F allows open aperture metering only if you use SMC
Takumar lenses.  The meter on the F always is on.  You turn it "off" using
the lens cap.  You can use older Super Takumars and SMC Takumars on the II.
Metering is stop down.  Of course, there are lots of other M42 mount lenses
out there besides Pentax.
Good Luck.

Jim A.