I knew when my lab moved two doors down from my local photo store
(Nikon/Pentax - where I got my 67 from) that I would be in trouble.

I just got back from dropping off some enlargements at the lab and had
to stop in the store.  Obviously, my main reason to look was to see if
the *ist D was in - it was!

So I had to play with it a bit and surprise - their price is quite
reasonable - 1490 body only, grip $199.  All in stock.  After working
with my 67's for awhile, it sure seems small.  Not sure if the grip
improved handling for me or not.  I would probably not start with the
grip and see how it went.

Handling, fit/finish were all very nice.  Since I used PZ-1p's for
quite a while, it was very easy to work with.  Viewfinder was nice -
reasonable size and brightness.  It is a camera that I would consider
buying.  Almost walked out with one.  Must RESIST!!!!!!!!!!

So can anyone tell me how my 67 lenses with adapter will do on the
*ist D.  Since they are designed for stop-down control on the lens
themselves, seems that they would work fine in non-program modes.  One
wonders what the image quality would be like - certainly something to
consider....

Must RESIST!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Bruce