----- Original Message -----
From: "Malcolm Smith"
Subject: RE: my ist-D samples

> > On Saturday, Nov 8, 2003, at 22:45 America/New_York, William
> > Robb wrote:
> >
> > > It will do 5 shots in rapid succession, then it kaks while
> > the buffer
> > > clears, which takes 12 seconds per image. In real life, it
> > means you
> > > can take 5 shots in a couple of seconds, then take another
> > shot every
> > > 12 seconds.
>
> Are you suggesting that if I was, for example, taking a number of shots in
> succession - horseracing, motor sports etc, I would be better off with a
> film camera and motordrive?

If thats your shooting style, then I would think so. Once the buffer is
full, the camera becomes rather unpredictable about how often it will shoot.
I have found that with sports and the like, I am better off to take one
picture when I want to, rather than a bunch of pictures approximately when I
want to.
With motor drives on continuous, I find I get a picture either just before,
or just after the one I really wanted.

William Robb