Yeah, this is handy for any camera with a grip.

On a related note, I've cut down my use of brackets. Unless I'm in a
room with a really tall ceiling, or outside, I bounce off the ceiling
100% of the time. When you do this you can mount the flash right on
the camera.

One reason I'm doing this is the 6 months of using the
645n/bracket/500FTZ/45-85 at weddings gave me tennis elbow in my right
arm, and biceps tendonitis in my left. If you do much of this you need
to vary your hand positions, and just put the damn thing down every
once in a while.

tv