----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Re: And now: the *ist D vs. the EOS 300D!

> >Photo Laboratory appears to sharpen more.  But it also seems to
> produce slightly less noisy images than the in-camera JPEG conversion,
> even though it also seems to have a slightly higher contrast setting.
>
> I guess I got it backwards about which might be better -- in camera or
not.

> But in a way, I find that encouraging myself.
>
> Firmware can be upgraded.

As can the Photo Laboratory software (and Lord knows, it needs it). The
supplied software has a really half baked look about it, like as if they
realized a week before the release date that they had better write something
to go onto their customer's computers.
The big question is, with Pentax's track record for releasing anything, will
they actually get around to releasing upgraded firmware and software?

William Robb