I was mostly speaking about PTTL. It fires the flash once to measure the exposure and then once again to make the actual exposure. I really only use PTTL when using the RTF built into the *ist D, and that's usually when I'm only carrying the camera, with lens, and no other equipment. When I am actually working, I use the AF500FTZ, the Sto-Fen Omnibounce, on a bracket. Very few blink problems with that combo. I'm just kind os unhappy with the closed eyes on my snapshots, which go into the family album.

Len
---
* There's no place like 127.0.0.1

From: "Ian bromehead" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: AF360FGZ Question
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 07:32:34 -0800

Leonard

With other flashes and built-ins I have seen this too. I purchased the
(older)
AF280T, partly because it swivels, and I have found that this has quite a
profound
Improvement on people's reactions.
Does the AF360 swivel, if so, see if that helps to reduce blinking
Ian

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 9:26 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

pentax-discuss-d Digest Volume 03 : Issue 1407

Today's Topics:
RE: istD Histogram display [ "Rob Brigham"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
OT: source of Beseler Spares [ "Paul Ewins"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
Re: on the topic of Frankencameras.. [ Mark Roberts
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ]
Re: Wide angles for *ist D [ Mark Roberts
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ]
Re: I really like the MZ-S! [ "Steve Desjardins"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
Re: on the topic of Frankencameras.. [ "Rob Studdert"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
Re: AF360FGZ Question [ "Leonard Paris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
]
wide angles for 35mm [ "Daichi Saeki (QA/EMC)"
<daichi.sae ]
Re[2]: AF360FGZ Question [ Bruce Dayton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
]
Re: Wide angles for *ist D [ Cotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ]
RE: wide angles for 35mm [ "tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ]
Re: AF360FGZ Question [ "William Robb"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
Re: on the topic of Frankencameras.. [ Alin Flaider <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
]
Re: DCPDML warning. [ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
Re: *ist D aftermath [ "Christian"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
Re: MZ-S frame overlap [ "mike.wilson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
Re: And now: the *ist D vs. the EOS [ "Dario Bonazza 2"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
Re: How to tell clear glass from UV [ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
Re: DCPDML warning. [ Mark Roberts
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ]
Re: MZ-S frame overlap (was Re: And [ "John Francis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ]
Re: istD Histogram display [ "John Francis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ]
Batteries, was Re: istD Histogram di [ "Bill Owens"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
RE: *ist D aftermath [ "zoomshot"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
FA 20-35 on *istD [ "Steve Desjardins"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
Re: What is the high-end Pentax lens [ Margus =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E4nnik?=
<m ]
Re: Batteries, was Re: istD Histogra [ alex wetmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ]
RE: OT: CLA + Rocky & Bullwinkle [ "Butch Black"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] ]