Hi,

> P.S.  As a Ziess Ikon and Rolleicord owner, I will concede to your comment
> about the finer German optics.  You'll notice that I said 'dollar for
> dollar'.  I wish I could get Leica gear for the cost of my Pentax.

over the years I've met a lot of photographers, mostly using Nikon,
who've said that Leica lenses are better than Nikon lenses, but not
$xxx-dollars worth better.

I've no experience of the latest crop of Leica M or Pentax lenses, but
in my opinion the Leica lenses I do have - mostly of 1980s vintage - are
not obviously better optically than the best of the Pentax lenses from
that same era.

Leica lenses are indeed very good, but they benefit from an enormous halo
effect; Pentax lenses tend to be correspondingly under-appreciated.

Cheers,

Bob