> > digital along with everyone else, but some parts of that transition may
> > be going to quickly. Was Kodak losing money on slide projectors? It
> > seems to me that there will be demand for them for some time, if only
> > for luddites like me who want our images actually to look good on a
> > screen. Why buy quality gear, quality film, and work on becoming a good
> > photographer only to have low quality projection equipment?
> >
> > Joe >>>

Losing money?  In the long haul, probably yes.  As much as it may be
distressing to some, these companies are in business to turn a profit.  No
profit, no money for future R&D, no R&D, no future products.  With tens of
thousands of rolls of film going out of date daily, film camera sales
declining, and the digital handwriting on the wall becoming more legible
everyday, why should manufacturers continue to hold on to old technology
that's not making money for them.

Bill