Question - I just bought this lens, the Pentax 28-105mm FA powerzoom f4-f5.6
(from ebay, for like au$150!!!). It is in PERFECT condition and I am very
happy with my purchase.  Course I don't use the powerzoom crap, but the lens
itself is great.

I also got a very pleasant surprise, when I discovered that at the 105mm
end, it is extremely close focusing.  Almost to the point of being macro?
Boz's site and the lens itself, say that it goes to .43mm focussing
distance, but I am getting into even closer ranges with the lens spinning
around to show a little flower symbol (if this makes any sense), that I have
always taken to indicate a macro function?

I know this might all sound very rudimentary to you guys and gals, but until
now I have only ever had a collection of manual focus Pentax lenses and all
of my AF stuff has been third party.  As this lens was purchased
second-hand, I don't have a manual to go by.  Does anyone else have this
lens and could they shed some light on this for me?  I have found so far
that it is extremely sharp and I really love it.  Does anyone know of any
problems etc that I should be aware of when shooting with it?

Many thanks,
tan.