Of course you could ship it to Nikon USA for repairs. There should be no duties involved.

--

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> As far as I know Nikon is the second worst offender at that. Mamiya USA is the

first. I have not heard of any other major brands refusing to work on gray market cameras, though many will not honor the warranty.

I only realized this when i called Nikon in Mississauga Ontario to arrange for a CCD
cleaning. I was asked for the s/n and the girl on the other end said it was a US camera,that they would
not work on it.I mentioned i knew it was off warranty and was willing to pay cash money,but no was her
answer.
I talked to the service manager and he confirmed this HOWEVER Nikon Canada would clean the
CCD but that was it.

BTW this is ONLY for digital cameras,not film cameras or lenses.

Dave(more carefull how he buys things now)Brooks

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."