Hi Ryan and you all,

the Cosina 1.2/55 is sold under different names - not only Ricoh.
In Germany it's Porst and Revuenon, maybe in the U.S. Quantanray or Phoenix.
I tried 2 different versions (from age different).

Compared to the K 1.2/50 they are very soft at 1.2 to 2.0. Stopped down to 2.8 - 4
it's getting much better - but not same level as Pentax 1.2. Stopped down to 8 - 11
you'll see no difference.

The lens is build very well ! (surprise ?)
As far as I remember there are 9 aperture blades giving a nioce rounded form stopped
down ! This resulting in nice bokeh. Wide opened you'll never need a softfocus lens.
55mm may not be enough for a portrait lens but on the *istD with it's 1.5-factor it
may !

So if you want a dreamlens-effect for portra it on the *istD or just a well-build lens
with a bright view-finder I can recommend it.
On ebay in Germany it's sold at about 60-90 Euro.

Paul

UNICEF bringt Kriegskinder in die Schule - helfen Sie mit!
https://www.unicef.de/spe/spe_03.php