I should have said it another way, I guess. The mount has not changed, only the firmware has changed. I don't see any reason for anyone to claim it's a crippled mount, either before or after the firmware update. The firmware update just automates what I used to do myself.

Len
---
* There's no place like 127.0.0.1

From: alex wetmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Question or better yet, idea
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:04:29 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Leonard Paris wrote:
> That's really strange, the "crippled mount" idea. I was using my Zenitar
> fisheye in aperture priority with version 1.0 of the firmware and had no
> problems.

Probably in stop down metering?

That works great with screwmount lenses on a screwmount adapter.  There
is no way to do stop down metering with K/M lenses though unless you
remove the aperture lever from the lens, or hold the lens rotated 15
degrees on the mount.  Neither solution is ideal.

The new firmware fix gives you better than stop down metering.  It
is a nice solution.

alex

Have fun customizing MSN Messenger — learn how here! http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_customize