Hello Shel,

SB> It might be helpful to know which programs you're comparing it to ...

I should have clarified that!  It is no Photoshop but compares well with mid-priced
imaging programs and its free.

For a freeware program it is fairly well specified but lacks curves
and layers.

Each imaging program has its own particular strengths and amongst the
ones I tend to use most when working in RGB are the following in no particular order:-

Tacmi Pixia, Photo Brush, Picture Window Pro 3.5, Ulead PhotoImpact
XL.

If I need to work in CMYK I tend to use Photoshop or Eye Spring
Studio.

So if anyone is looking for a 'free' program "PhotoFiltre" is well
worth trying and if you need a program for imaging and paint "Tacmi
Pixia" is another good free program.

--
Best regards,
 Harold