C'mon ... there are enough istd shooters on this list to provide some sort
of comparison, or certainly a comment or two.  If macro mode is
inappropriate for some reason (it just happened to be what was handy at
the moment my curiosity was piqued) another photo could be substituted,
perhaps a portrait or an architectural shot, or whatever.

shel