Rob Brigham posted, among other things:

> I actually quite like many of the shots in Doug's link though...
>
> Then again I am more into "nice" pics than reportage/docupics so I guess
> I would, wouldn't I?

I liked the pics Doug shared, too. Especially with the "relative lack" of
reportage/documentary photos -- Yesterday my copy of "News Photographer"
arrived, with the Best of Photojournalism 2003 photos contained therein. War,
war, war, plague, plague, war, hard times -- Seemed to me an even more
depressing collection of photographs than usual. This group of pics (that Doug
shared) was a nice little antidote.

One other depressing point about the News Photographer collection too -- so
very many images with muddy blotchy shadows, even muddy, blotchy midtones.
Seems another drawback to digital taking over the press photogs' kit: the
images are technically ghastly. But perhaps in just a little more time, those
problems will disappear. Doubtful we can say the same about wars and plagues
and Man's Inhumanity To Man.