> Here's my problem - and I am sure you can all relate. Do I
> sell all my gorgeous near mint 35mm gear and buy a *ist D or
> do I keep shooting 35mm trannies and buy a really good film
> scanner?

Scanning is a pain in the butt, but I've decided to pass on the *istD. I
will wait for 2 or 3 generations. By then they'll have a terrific camera
that will be more affordable. Ideally I would like to wait for a
full-frame sensor because I like to shoot a lot of wide angle. In the
meantime, I've gotten a Canon Powershot. It has enough advanced features
to keep me happy until a DSLR comes out that has the right combination
of price and features.