The results look great. I cant help but feel that this picture has a 50's look to it. I wonder what it would look like if you "modernized" it a bit, perhaps by bringing back the rose in color?

rg

Tanya Mayer Photography wrote:
Ok, so you all know that I'm not shooting digital with Pentax, but this is
particularly relevant to all digital users.

Just wanted to show you something that I have just worked on from the
wedding I did on Monday.

This was a GROSSLY underexposed image.  Definitely one for the reject pile,
but something about the expressions on their
faces wouldn't let me ditch it.

So, thanks to digital, I was able to "save" it...

What do you all think of the results?  The full res. file has some grain, as
you would expect being underexposed, so I just added a bit more for
effect...

http://www.tanyamayer.com/experiment.jpg

I have made a luuuurvly 8x10 inch print from it!  Not bad for something that
would have been in the trash if it had been shot on film!

Also, thanks to you guys who advised me when I asked about using a 135mm
lens with flash that only zooms to 105mm, I have been using a flash in
manual with the Oly, and have been leaving it set at 28mm, through all focal
lengths.  This shot was taken at around 80mm, after a day of stormy, humid
weather and believe me the bride and groom were SHINY.  In fact, the bride
barely had any makeup left on at all, and the groom's forehead, well, it
actually had beads of perspiration along it.

You can see, I was directly in front of them, and the shadow on the
background is really quite soft. AND, there are NO hotspots on their faces!!
(There were a couple of tiny ones on their teeth that I PS'd) Very little
shine is present - the flash almost looks bounced, but it wasn't - it was
direct...

Soooo, I have ditched my lumiquest stuff, and my stofen's and I am now
shooting everything with my flash set at 28mm, the results are so much
better.  It just means that the flash range isn't quite as high (distance)
and I simply move in a bit closer to accommodate...

This was at first, a risky way to go about things, and again, it was only
due to shooting digital and being able to immediately check the results that
I am now confident enough to use flash this way...

Any thoughts to add to this?

tan.