At 02:44 PM 2/1/2004 -0500, you wrote:
Mark, FWIW, I've been told that inkjet prints should be left out in the open
and covered with some blank paper for several hours, immediately after
printing to immunize this out-gassing effect.

Hi Ken -

I've heard that too, and have tried it. As far as I can tell, it does not have a significant impact on the outgassing. When I get into print production mode, I usually print everything, and then do all the matting and framing in one session. Some of the prints can be several weeks old, and stored with a paper cover, but I still get the out-gassing.

I do think the display environment effects things. I had a show in a very humid gallery (it was in a nature center and was next to the "rainforest room") - those piecs showed _much_ more fogging than pieces displayed in places with better climate control.

- MCC
-----

Mark Cassino Photography

Kalamazoo, MI