> Ian,
> Quick way to distinguish the 135/2.5's...
> 1) The old original K135/2.5 has a 58mm front filter and bayonette mount.
> 2) The cheap Takumar 135/2.5 has a 52mm front filter, a bayonette mount,
> and the f stops are painted different colors (plus it has Takumar
>written right around the outside rim!)
> 3) The oldest is the SMC Takumar 135/2.5 and it's a SCREWMOUNT lens.
>There are other Takumar screwmount 135's, but the SMC f2.5 is aledged to
>be the best.

There are actually TWO versions of the SMC Takumar 135/2.5 screw-mount,
plus the older Super Takumar 135/2.5 screw mount.  The Super Tak and first
SMC are identical optically, the second SMC is a newer design and
apparently better optically (I can't say for sure, since mine's a model 1)
I thought that the optical formula of SMC Tak 135/2.5 model 2 was the
same as "K" 135/2.5 bayonet-mount, but there could still be differences
in quality due to coatings, glass formulation, etc.

DJE