That's pretty much the same vein of conversation when a sales rep tried to push a $19.95 warranty/service plan for a $70 computer motherboard & CPU. Should the items purchased go wonky, the same amount of money will get me something much, much better in the future. Now if the warranty covered the damage caused to the rest of my computer system should the board & CPU die, that would be a whole other matter. The retail world is nuts...