> Will anyone have a spare tripod?  I think that mine will add much too much
> weight to my luggage, it DOES fit into my suitcase (I take it away to
> Brisbane etc with me) and so I may have to dispense with some clothes
*eek*
> if no-one has a spare! lol...  Or maybe, I could just be like Stan and not
> shower for a few days and wear the same clothes! lol...

I can bring an extra Bogen 3021 with pan head and one missing rubber foot.

> Film - I doubt that I will actually shoot much at all - maybe just a
couple
> of rolls of Reala or NPH400, but I think it will be primarily a digital
> affair.  I probably won't be entering the competition, I have never really
> shot slide film before and could end up with some very embarrassing
results!
> ;-)

No one need see them but you.  You and you alone get them back on Sunday
morning and decide which ones, if any, you wish to enter in the contest.
The first 2 years I attended, I entered the contest.  Then I found out how
much more fun it was to relax and have fun than to run all over the mountain
looking for something to photograph.

Bill