The old tessar-formula lens can be remarkably sharp when stopped down. I still get blown away when I stick a negative
on the light table that I shot on my 4x5 with the original 1928 vintage Xenar lens.
I do have a 150mm Symmar sitting here, but I need to get the block of aluminum I have out to my friend's machine shop and
make a lensboard for it...

-Mat

graywolf wrote:

Just a very late model Wollensack made Optar. Can't afford more. I needed to replace the shutter, and a complete lens was not much more expensive. In one way I wish I could afford a more modern lens, but in another way I like the look of the old ones, sharpness is not everything. The one coming is supposed to be mint from the 60's.