--- mapson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Currently we
are using SanDisk Ultra cards. Quite
> happy with them, no probs
> so far.

> Do 'faster' cards load faster, or are we still
> limited by what the camera
> can do?

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxistd/page9.asp

Offers some insight into the timings of standard
cards, ultra cards and microdrives.... Though I had to
go to Sandisk website and download the OEM datasheet
before I could get any idea as to the power
consumption so that I could decide wether to go for
M-drive or CF..
CF ultra has much lower standby power and the write
cycle is  around 5 times less power as far as I can
tell.
My istD has arrived, posted in NY on Monday and in my
hands by Thursday and much less than the best UK price
for the body only! ...First impressions... Lovely, but
as life is truly hectic here for me it will be a few
days before I really get to put it to the test and Not
until the summer festival season will I really get to
use it for it's main purpose.
Spring is gathering itself up to burst out and my
little garden is full of small hungry birds..take
care, Tom.