From: Morgan Cooper [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 3:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Purchasing a second body

Hello everyone!

This is my first post to the list so please excuse any "dumbness" on my
part...

I've owned a ZX-M for about three years now and suddenly decided that I
wanted to be able to do rear-curtain sync flash photography.  Since I knew
nothing about flash photography in general, I went down to my local Wolf
Camera and started asking questions.  Using my strategy of
"Here's-the-camera-that-I-own-I'll-pretend-to-come-in-and-purchase-this-next
-week-I-just-need-to-know-what-I-should-get,"
I learned of all the merits of the AF-500 FTZ flash unit.  So, I purchased
it online (used, at half the price).

Imagine my surprise when I got my fancy flash unit home and suddenly learned

there is a difference between TTL metering and TTL flash metering...  This
flash unit is great.  Too bad I can only use it manually.

So, I need a new body.  I can't really afford a new one, and I don't mind
using old equipment at all.  I'm just a bit confused about what to purchase.

I shoot almost exclusively in manual mode.  I don't really see myself using
any fancy automatic programmed picture type settings.  I do need a good
meter reading in the viewfinder, quick shutter/aperture adjustment, the
ability to do exposure compensation, and of course--support for my new
flash.

I've been thinking that perhaps I should purchase a used PZ-20.  Any
suggestions?

Also, are there any differences with PZ-20 vs. Z-20?  As far as I can tell
they are the same.

Thanks in advance,

-Morgan

Fast. Reliable. Get MSN 9 Dial-up - 3 months for the price of 1!
(Limited-time Offer) http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/