Don Wrote:

By the way colour balance *is* a bit of a problem. The film type profiles
that come with Silverstream and Epson's own software don't work very well.

That is why I asked. I have had the occasional customer process his/her own
C-41. Most of the times the color balance was off enough that it was
difficult to get a good machine print from it. So unless you had a color
darkroom or sent out for a custom print the results were less then optimum.
I think you need something like a JOBO and you need to use C-41 or
equivalent chemistry that processes around 38°C. The fact that your profiles
don't work well with it confirms my suspicions.

Butch

Each man had only one genuine vocation - to find the way to himself.

Hermann Hesse (Demian)