From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 12:30 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: B&W developer quandry

So, I'm looking for a developer that
1) is cheap
2) keeps in "normal" form
3) gives good results with Ilford Pan F

I've been thinking that maybe a liquid concentrate is the way to go.
That's the way I keep my T-max developer now (unmixed) and
it is holding up fine.  Unfortunately many of them are not cheap, and
I have no experience with them at all.  Developer shelf life never
used to be an issue for me!

The first thing that springs to mind is Rodinal.  I know it doesn't keep
well mixed, but I'd assume it keeps fine in the bottle?  Is the
high-acutance nature of Rodinal likely to mess up the fine-grain,
"traditional"-tonality look of Pan F?

Recommendations?

DJE