I LOVED the Cisco Kid!

Jim Apilado wrote:

Television didn't reach Portland, Oregon until early 1952. I recall going
to a department store on Friday night to watch TV because no one yet had a
TV. My favorite westerns were "The Cisco Kid" and "The Lone Ranger." I was a
little disappointed to see my heroes on TV because I had developed an image
of them when they were radio programs.
Early dramas I recall were "Westinghouse Playhouse" and "Playhouse 90." I
believe these hour shows were shown live back on the east coast and on
kinescope in the west. Some writers, like Rod Serling (of "Twilight Zone"
fame), got their first TV start on these dramas.
I am still a fan of radio drama. There is a series out of Seattle called
"Imagination Theater" that uses the old formula for radio dramas.