Anthony
Interestingly I have just been going through the same thought process.
for me to it has also  been whether to  stay with Pentax or go Nikon [for
some reason Canon stuff is not for me............don't know why?]
Diiferent reasoning however,I don't think I want to [or can afford] to
replace my entire lens lineup.............................my requirement
however is for TTL off camera fill flash with AF and motor wind so I can
work one handed in markets etc. [i shoot mainly travel stock]
In thinking Nikon, however, I had discounted F4 and F5 as being too damn
big a, the F100 however looks just right............................and
it's certainly used by a lot of pros in my field [no not everyone has gone
the d........ word!]
The issue was easily decided for me [isn't that often the case?] by scoring
a PZ-1P with 28-105 powerzoom for GBP 170 on Ebay [something of a deal I
think] so the upshot is that is should work along well alongside my two
LXen  whilst I dip my toe into this new [to me]technology [not sure if this
zoom will do the trick, is there a 20-35?]
Of course it will also work with my k and m lenses of which I have ten from
17-300 so big bonus!
So far the ony autofocus I have used is mt Ricoh GR-1s compact and Nikon
actiontouch!
This of course means that I am in the market for a AF360 flash and off
camera cords if any one has for sale?
Best
Clive
Antibes