From: Tanya Mayer Photography [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 8:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: USA shopping list...

So, here is my shopping list for my trip:

1.  *ist D battery grip (B&H USD$169.95)

2.  Pentax DA 16-45 (already "ordered" thanks to Stan)

3.  Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f2.8 XR DI MACRO (B&H USD$319) OR  Tokina 28-70mm
f/2.8 ATX Pro-SV (B&H USD$279)  OR  Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX Aspherical DF
(B&H USD
    $399).

4.  Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 EX APO IF (B&H USD$739) OR Tokina AF 80-200mm f/2.8
AT-X 828AF Pro (B&H USD $599)

5.  DVD burner of some description.

So, I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on which would be the
wisest purchases?  The Tokina versions are obviously cheaper, but I have
heard good things about the Tokina lenses - anyone own either of these?  I
have never owned a Tokina lens so really have nothing to go buy.  I have,
however, always been extremely happy with my Tamron and Sigma purchases...

You know something just occurred to me - it was only a few weeks back that I
was thinking to myself "If I got to go to GFM I wouldn't want to go without
an *ist D, but there is no way I'll be able to afford either".  I just
looked at my website and noticed that I had said last year that I was
"hoping to be shooting weddings digitally by May or June of 2004".  I am so
proud to have realised that I have completely exceeded my expectations!

Not only did I have my *ist D by mid-February, but I have also purchased
accessories and CF cards, the Olympus E-10 (so I have TWO DSLRs!), a laptop,
a new tripod, 2 x reflector kits, new camera bag and luggage, a new PC,
three new lenses and a flash gun, will be going to the US AND making some
major purchases whilst I am there!  I am amazed by what I have "achieved" as
opposed to what I had HOPED to achieve by this time this year.  These were
all things that I thought were total pipe dreams this time last year!  And
the best part is that I have paid for everything myself - no finance
companies, loans, leasing etc involved - all cash, all up front.

Now, if I could only start paying myself a salary....

;-)

tan.