In a message dated 3/26/2004 4:58:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>CSS is a great way to unify a web site, since you can make global
changes to the look of the site by altering one file.
As long as the browser supports it.
Otherwise, your website defaults to the browser settings, which may
not be so good.

>Javascript is a relatively simple programming language that can make
web sites work more smoothly. If you are using a frameset, javascript
is pretty much a necessity to control what each frame will do when a
link is invoked.

>I'm a big fan of tables, since they can be used to hold 2 different
things relative to each other (as an example, a picture and the
caption below it), and is controllable by either a pixel count (not
so good as it is screen size dependant for look) or by percentage
(much better, as it no longer matters what the screen size is).

Anyway, thats just what I think.

>William Robb

I also strongly recommend CSS. One can make global changes easily, and format
all of one's pages in one file. And there are lots of good CSS tutorials out
there. Think someone has already recommended some.

I converted a LOT of web pages I have in another venue, another forum, to CSS
and found it relatively easy on the whole. And it makes have a LOT of pages
10X easier.

I'd skip everything else, Javascript (no longer supported by Microsoft, by
IE, but I think that is only the newer versions, I haven't really looked into
it), and Flash, etc. Just do style sheets. It's also nice, if you can, to
download browsers other than the one you have and do some test runs to find out how
things look in different browsers. IE, Netscape, Mosaic, et all. Whatever you
can find that you download for free.

There will still be someone around who has an older browser which won't
display things the way you have laid them out. But I figure if you cover 80-90% of
people, that's the best you can do.

Marnie aka Doe  And definitely tables.