I believe that the way the *ist D handles multiple exposures is entirely different from film. We're all discussing how it should be calculating 1/2 the exposure for the first shot and the other 1/2 the exposure for the second shot . . .

. . . what if the *ist D is a far more simple beast? What if when you tell it you are doing a 2 shot multi-exposure, it takes the next 2 pictures at full exposure (unless told to do otherwise) and then simply merges the two together? This seems far more likely given the apparent ability for the *ist D to get the exposures right all the time.

Just a thought, though experience tells me I am not always right,

IL Bill
On Monday, May 24, 2004, at 10:30 AM, Kenneth Waller wrote:

Rob,
pg 84 step 3, in the manual, makes no mention of exposure compensation for multiple exposures. In the MZ-S and the PZ1P, which also have multiple exposure capabilities, there is no mention about exposure compensation for multiple exposures either and if you simply shoot multiples in these film cameras you get over exposed images. On those cameras I simply reset ISO per the number of multiple exposures - ie for 4 exposures, multiple ISO by 4 and reset ISO setting for that group of multiples. This can't be done on the *istD.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Studdert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: May 23, 2004 6:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Multiple exposures with the *istD

On 23 May 2004 at 17:32, Kenneth Waller wrote:

William,
So apparently, the magic occurs when you set the multiple exposure number.
Would have been nice if that was mentioned in the manual!

Page 84, step 3

Rob Studdert HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA Tel +61-2-9554-4110 UTC(GMT) +10 Hours [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://members.ozemail.com.au/~distudio/publications/ Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet