----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Whaley"
Subject: Re: Paw:Look what we found

> If I had two pets, and one of them killed the other, I'd very soon
have
> zero pets. Then I'd have to go out looking for one or more
replacements
> with a better, more trustworthy disposition.
> A pet that kills is potentially dangerous. Who decides the next
victim
> is just a worthless cat. The killer dog?
> What if it's a baby belonging to a friend, a neighbor, or ...
>
> But, that's just me. I wouldn't have a killing machine on the
property...

Just to make sure you don't think I am making light of this.....

The cat in question was quite unpleasant. She was capable of going
from a friendly purrball to all fangs and claws for absolutely no
reason.
One could be contentedly stroking her and suddenly finding the cat
going for your eyes.
Frankly, we didn't know what to do with her. I hate putting an animal
to sleep, but we were running out of options with her. I won't pass a
psychotic animal on to someone else.
Twice, we came home to find that she had opened Rollei's face up.
The third time, she struck out.

We had no behavioural problems of this sort with the dog before this,
and have had none since.
The dog in question has one of the more solid tempermants of any of
the thousands of dogs I have been in contact with.
Leaving a dog, any dog, unsupervised with a baby or very young child
is, in my opinion, gross stupidity bordering on criminal negligence

You are discussing dog behaviour with a qualified obedience and
protection instructor, BTW.
I teach this stuff.

William Robb