Awesome shot Christian. Can't believe you caught him fish in hand...er..beak. Would have been nice to have gotten his eye sharp though, looks like the focal point is on the feathers in his hind end.

I like the colors very much.

rg

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Yes, it's another bird....

http://home.mindspring.com/~c_skofteland/id19.html

The details:  Two weeks ago, I decided to quit my job and take a week off
before the new one starts (my wife says I change job more often than I
change underwear...).  The first day off (Monday) I decided to wander around
the lake and photograph the wildlife.  What a day!  Two kingfishers were
buzzing around catching fish.  A sandpiper-like bird was running around a
mud flat, a great blue heron stopped in for some fishing.  And about four or
five green herons joined the fray along with wood ducks, mallards, tons of
other birds and the ubiquitous Canada geese.  Sadly, all were way out of
range of my 300mm w/1.4x TC (except the geese and mallards, but I'm sick of
them).  I have about 90 pictures with 95% showing little dots that are
birds...  I thought I could crop them but the detail was lost.  However, the
little guy in this week's PAW landed close enough to get some good shots.

shot with the D, Sigma AF 300mm F4 APO Macro and Sigma EX 1.4x TC mounted on
a tripod.  ISO 200, F5.6 @1/160.  Shot RAW and converted to TIFF with Pentax
PhotoLab.  Slight crop and sharpening in PS 7.0.

Christian Skofteland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Experience the convenience of buying online with [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://shopnow.netscape.com/