On 2/6/04, tv no Tan no tv no Tan no tv no Tan oh hell's bells,
discombobulated, offered:

>Ashlee is such a lovely lady and we have been
>shopping, eating, and even swapping clothes!

Yeah I wouldn't mind a bit of that myself

>BTW, Cotty, I am getting kinda comfortable in my new sofa bed, so I am
>wondering how cold it will be for you out on the porch when you arrive, I
>think you'd be too tall to sleep anywhere else! I'll be happy to part with
>one of my 30 or so cushions though, so you'll at least have some creature
>comforts out there, and Ash has some lovely potted plants that you can sing
>to as you go to sleep... ;-P

S'alright, I'm hoping to make friends with the apartment office
lady...........

Packed all my bags tonight. This is ridiculous. I have the Lowepro
stealth backpack with cameras, mac, lenses, wires, God-only-knows-what
aboard as carry-on, along with 5 bottles of Wychwood's finest and a tin
of RAF 75th anniversary ale (for Bill) which is incidentally ten years
out of date but should bring back all sorts of memories for the old
scallywag. That beer is in a marmot bumbag, or fanny pack as the yanks
say. Fanny pack. Fanny pack. Fanny pack, ahh that sounds good.
International email lists!

Anyway, that's the carry on. The checked bagged is a roller-tote thing in
black that looks like every other roller tote thing in black ever made so
i've been customising it with white gaffer tape and a 357 hemi that'll
suck the butt right outa the cat. Should look cute down the baggage
claim, roaring its way towards me. Come to papa....

...and an Eagle Creek large duffle which will easily enclose a Vulcan
bomber including ground crew. I'm not kidding, this thing is big. Shows
up on radar. I think even Tom will find lifting it with his manly biceps
a considerable challenge. Still, it's under the maximum 32kg weight
(individual item) so bollocks. In it goes. I found about  2 dozen recent
copies of Amateur Photog knocking about so I'll leave em on Bill's
tailgate so just pick em up and take one.

Up and at em tomorrow morning, on the Heathrow bus at 10am ish, airborne
about 3pm I believe. I must be one of the last to leave on this
pilgrimage. It would be REALLY nice if I could have a shower after the
flight as I don't thing they would take kindly to having to evacuate the
Marrakesh restaurant due to obnoxious odours intervening and upsetting
folk. No worries, the flight will be on time, I'll just go and have a
word with the skipper and tell him to get a bloody move on mate and
bollocks to all that headwind baloney. Like Leslie Nielson popping into
the cockpit in 'Airplane' (" I'd just like to say good luck ").

Actually the last flight I had, the pilot came on the PA and said we'd be
ten minutes late arriving as we'd just lost an engine. An hour later he
was on again saying we'd lost another engine and now we'd be 30 minutes
late. Later still he was on again about how he was really sorry but
number three had gone and now we were going to be two and a half hours
late. 'Stone the crows", I said, "if another bleeding engine goes we'll
be up here all day"...

Boom boom.

Gianfranco, i don't know if you can tell but I opened that bottle of red
you gave me in London, boy that's nice wine.

Anyway, on the verge of the edge of the cusp of this GFM lark, so watch
out, Cotty's about.........ready for the off! Tally ho!

Expect a sober update from departure lounge 1300 ish GMT

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__