Wanderlust overcame Collin and he asked:

"There's a good chance this Fall that I'm going to have
a free weekend by myself to out shooting. So I'll make
it a 3-day weekend, and would like to go to E. Tennessee.
Maybe Va/WVa/whatever road I want to take. Time for some
4x5 & maybe 8x10.

For anyone who knows that country,
what would be your recommended back-woods scenic route?"

Collin, I recommend a book "Scenic Highways and Byways" by National
Geographic. The roads are sorted by region and state. I use it (along with
some others) to plan my rides. I've ridden in those areas quite a bit and I
think I can point you in the right direction if you can be a little more
specific. We can talk about it at GFM if you want.

Tom Reese