"Steve Desjardins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I admit I'm a little surprised by some of these comments.  I think it's
>clear that the Baby D will have:
>
>- a 6 MP sensor
>- CF card storage
>- plastic body, no metal chassis list the *istD
>- pentamirror
>
>less clear is whether or not they will include the firmware fix for the
>K/M lense.  This assumes that the camera will have the DoF preview
>feature, which is how the "fix" works.
>
>I'd be really surprised at an SD card or less than a  6mp sensor.

I expect it to use the *same* sensor as the ist-D: Buying one sensor in
larger volume just makes sense, especially since the other camera that
currently uses it (the Nikon d100) is being discontinued soon.

No one is going to put an SD card in a DSLR when everything else uses CF
cards. Especially since it would discourage current ist-D owners from
adding a second body.

They're going to want to re-use as much of the R&D, hardware, software
and manufacturing technology form the ist-D production line as possible.
You can bet the bank on it using CF cards and probably on it using the
same sensor. It would just add expense and reduce the desirability of
the end product to change either of those things.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing