Despite the lowish power output, the GT6 was a nice little car. Light, and close to the ground, so it seemed you were going fast, even if you weren't!

John

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:32:20 -0400 (EDT), John Francis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "mike.wilson"
Subject: Re: OT: Mazdas vs cameras

> This is on an engine rated at 1300cc?  In 1972, in the UK, that
would
> get you a Ford Escort or Vauxhall Viva with maybe 55BHP.  The
Triumph
> Spitfire, a sports car of the period, was rated about the same.
> Although they also used about half the fuel.

1150CC actually.
My cold weather starting procedure was crank the engine on full choke
while pumping the primer bulb for about 15 seconds, then change the
leading spark plugs for dry ones.
At that point, the engine would start just fine.

The Spitfire was 170HP? I thought they used the same (more or less)
Morris engine that was in the MGB?

William Robb

Wrong dangling antecedent - that "about the same" refers to the 55HP. The Spitfire was definitely nowhere near 170HP; even the straight six 2-litre engine used in the GT-6 (and in my favourite stealth vehicle, the Vitesse) only put out around 120HP.

-- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/