Jon M wrote:

Wow, this discussion sure took off.

Those of you who gave your opinion of the lens in
question based on your experience, thank you. Those
who dislike the lens will probably be happy to hear
I've decided not to buy it, instead I found a SMC
Pentax-M 135/3.5 cheaper than the Takumar was. I
really wanted a Pentax-A lens, but the SMC A 135/2.8
doesn't have very nice reviews on Stan's page, plus it
seems to be expensive... which is why I was going to
consider the non-SMC lens as a cheap alternative.

Now if I had a few more lenses, I could almost do
without my Sears 80-200/4. ;)

A Pentax-A 100/2.8 and perhaps the Pentax-A 200/4
would be nice. Also, the -A 70-210/4 and -A 35-70
(3.5-4.5) look like nice lenses. Dang, I think I'm
catching Pentax disease.

Abandon all hope now, it's much easier...