Nenand said, among other things:

> I guess I would be willing to put up with a less than perfect display.  All
> too often I forget to reset ISO and find I have taken some shots in good
> light at an unecessarily high ISO.  If there was some sort of indication in
> the viewfinder that would reduce the incidence of such mistakes.  I have to
> admit that I rarely look at the remaining number recordable images display
> as I have a 512MB card, shoot jpeg and don't wait till the card is full to
> download to my computer.
..

Does this camera indicate in the viewfinder what f-stop and shutter speed it's
going to use to make the exposure? and, if so, could you not develop the habit
of looking at those numbers to see whether they imply that you are using "an
unnecessarily high ISO"?
I understand what you're originally saying -- that it would be nice if the
camera indicated the ISO for you -- but as it doesn't, perhaps you can avoid
the problems you are having by changing your own habits to make use of existing
information.

ERN