Norm Baugher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:[$200] seems a bit pricey for a
135/2.3 (not saying you're wrong), is that lens really that expensive?

Norm,
My extensive records of prices include only three sales of the 135/2.3 in K
mount:
$165 by Wall Street Camera in 1999
$136 on US Ebay in 2002 (the one I bought)
$200 from PDML's John Mustarde in October 2002.

You may be thinking of prices for the screwmount version, which is single
coated and considerably easier to find. The real cost of a 135/2.3K is measured
by the hours spent searching for one for months or years. Yes, my price was on
the high side, but I figured it was worth a modest premium in exchange for
limiting potential buyers to those who subscribe to PDML. In other words, the
buyer would not have to compete with far-flung, well-heeled collectors.

By the way, it sold in 10 minutes.