JCO posted:
> NOT TRUE, because you are forgetting something very
> important, ARCHIVING.
>
> With film, you get the negatives as well as the prints.
>
> With digital you now have the extra work of somehow
> transferring the files to hard drive, Cd, or DVD
> or some other digital media. ...

I hear there are people who would pick up their processed film, keep the prints
(for albums) and throw away the negatives.
Certainly I know that a lot of casual snappers never file(d) their negatives.
Now, plenty of folks don't archive their digital pictures.
Same people, for the most part.
We may think this is stupid behaviour (I think so, anyway) but my point is,
it's no more complicated for them to not-archive digital files than to not-file
their negatives!

ERN