"Rob Brigham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>The price of the 300D has already been tubling in the UK for a few
>months now.  The 10D seems to be getting close to freefall now too...
>
>It is hard to see how Pentax could possibly undercut their competition
>as things stand, which is why I am glad they seem to have taken a
>fresher approach by pushing the small & light thing and possibly
>appealing to a new group of buyers.

If the baby-D is built as well as the original, it'll be a better buy
than the Rebel even if Canon does lower the price. It sounds like the
construction of the ist-Ds feels as good as the ist-D, from the sounds
of the DPreview article.

Anyone else notice that Phil Askey sounded uncharacteristically
enthusiastic about this camera? ("that this is what Olympus's
Four-Thirds System should have been all about, compact and lightweight
digital SLR bodies (and lenses!)"