[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

John Forbes posted:

It's good that Ivan has not caused as much mayhem in America as feared.

However, spare a thought for some who were not so lucky.

http://www.caymannetnews.com/2004/09/738/imagination.shtml

Thanks for that link; I found it sobering.
I'm still hoping to hear news of my father's best friend, who lives in Grand Cayman. Last night I saw some very dramatic photographs of damage in Kingston, Jamaica.
Can't wait for this hurricane season to be OVER.

And that's this year...
We are in what the weathermen are calling a 20+ year cycle, and maybe as much as 30 years.
Since 1995, the number of hurricanes over level 3 (or is it 4?) have doubled!
And this may go on, and/or worsen for the next 10 to 20 years!

Scary!

keith whaley

ERN