Nenad Djurdjevic posted, among other things:
> I had the 28-70f4 and I thought it was a great lens.  I would still have it
> if its focal length was useful on the *istD.  ....

It's so interesting how people's tastes vary. I hadn't used my 28-70/4 for
quite a while as I'd been using mostly 50mm fixed-focal-length lenses on my
film bodies. But now that I have an *istD, the 28-70 is back out of near
retirement. I find it VERY useful for the *istD.
And the crop factor means I no longer have to worry about vignetting with a
lens hood on it.

ERN