In desperation you can cut tiny strips from a mouse pad to replace the mirror bumper. Mark Roberts has the service manual on his website.

http://www.robertstech.com/pentax.htm

You need the ME manual and the ME Super manual as the ME Super manual is a suppliment to the ME Manual. No reason you can not work on it yourself if you are a bit handy with things mechanical and have the basic tools.

--

Sarbu Alexandru wrote:

Hi, I've told you few days ago about a ME Super with a
locked mirror (and thanks for your answers!). Well...
now it's mine!
Of course, it doesn't work... so I can't use it right
now. The mirror unlocked (maybe because I've put new
batteries? :) ), however the foam... wait a minute...
in fact, there is no foam inside (only a sticky
trace).
Do I risk to damage the camera if I'm using it without
foam?
Right now it has another problem, I can wound the
lever just fine, but the camera won't release every
time. I understand something is bent inside... well,
the perfect reason to take a look :evil grin:
At least the meter seems to work.
Btw: in the same store I saw another ME Super. That
one worked, but it looked well used. It has a motor
drive (Sunpack iirc) and a lens but I didn't liked how
it worked.
Now, the questions:
- should I attempt to repair the camera myself? I've
talked with a repairman, however I don't know if I can
trust him... he didn't know this camera, probabilly he
mainly repair Zenits or Practicas. And I can't see
what's inside :)
- if yes... should I replace the foams? (can anybody
send me some, in this case? I'm almost sure I can't
find this kind of stuff here...) Someone told me it's
not that easy...
- should I attempt to lube anything? Of course, I have the repair manual (not that I
understand it...lol...) from mr. Roberts site (10x!).

Alex Sarbu (who really wants to take pictures with his
*new* camera )