On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:54:17 -0400 (EDT), CRB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Have the themes for '05 been set yet?

Not that I've seen or heard.

HEY, LET'S PLAY A GAME!!!

I think that we should get going with some suggestions.  That way
Adelheid will have something to work with (she'll only have to whittle
it down from about 150 suggestions to 12 themes).

Okay, I'll start.

We could do a Black and White gallery, 'cause we always do that once a year.

We could resurrect a Synchronicity gallery.  I know there've been
complaints in the past, but we didn't do it last year - we could try
it again, just to see what happens.  After all, unlike past years,
people can always enter a non-themed photo that month, so no one will
be "left out in the cold" as it were.

I know that a true macro gallery has been (rightly) nixed, as not
everyone has the equipment, but maybe we could have a "Small" gallery.
 Or, to narrow it down a bit, "Smaller than a Breadbox".  That could
be fun...

Food.  I don't recall having a food gallery in the past.  Paul
Stenquist would win <g>, but I'd like to take a shot at making edible
things blurry <g>.

I kind of like the "emotion" themes we've had in the past.  One can
really go to town interpreting those babies, and it's interesting to
see how everyone puts that sort of thing into an image.  Something
like Happy, Sad, Joy, Surprise.  Not all of those, of course, but for
one month it would be a blast, IMHO.

How about "old things".  We could call it Anachronisms or something.
I'd send in a pic of my ex-wife (she better not see this) <g>.

I could go on, but I think I'll leave the real good ones for those
with imaginations.

cheers,
frank