On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 23:48:43 +1000, Kevin Waterson wrote:

>This one time, at band camp, "William Robb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> Pick up the remote cord for the istD. It makes life much easier.
>
>I would still need to hold down the button for the lens though. Thus
>still requireing two hands. Another thing that stops me is that I
>have a rather large job in April to do. This will require me to
>purchase another *istD for backup body. In the next 6 months, I
>dont know that Pentax will release a new model that accessories
>will be compatible with. I do need a remote cord and the cord
>to plug it into the mains electricity. But before I start buying
>these toys, I need to know if I will still be using the *istD for
>the job. If a new model is available, I may simply purchase two
>of the newer models and accessories to go with that.

Kevin,

I have mae up an adaptor for my double shutter release for use with my
bellows.  Basically it's a micro switch in a box with a 2.5mm plug on
it to connect to the *istD.  The release screws into a hole in the side
of the box and when the plunger comes out it pushes on the micro switch
and sets off the camera.  I've been using it with the Z1-p and MZ-S for
years but have only just changed it to fit the *ist D.  Works
wonderfully for one hand operation.

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon