>> Is it too heavy to stick the camera (with it attached :-) on the
>> tripod?

> Very impractical. I think it would put a big strain on the lens
> and body mounts, and possibly on the bush or quick release
> mount.....

I'd say it depends on the body.  I've used the K 200/2.5 on a
tripod-mounted LX with absolutely no sign of stress.  (It's quite
front-heavy, of course).  I don't think I'd like to try the lens on
a tripod-mounted ZX-5n, say, however.

It really works well on a monopod-mounted body, though, where the
lens is partially supported by the hand on the focus ring.

Fred